A Common Voice:
We act as a common voice on behalf of members by expressing concerns, opinions and recommendations to the appropriate individuals and/or officials on issues with potential impact on the community. For example:
- Municipal Strategic Plans
- Local By-Law changes
- Beach development and maintenance
- We provide members with pertinent information on current topics by means of:
- Timely Newsletters
- An open Annual General Meeting.
A Provider of Services:
We provide services that members feel are important by:
- Conducting surveys to gain members' ideas on key issues such as: the town's Official Plan, and a Waterfront Master Plan
- Implementing an optional winter patrol service.
- Producing an Annual Directory of members and other community information.
A Community Builder:
We have a volunteer Board of Directors who work on behalf of members by:
- Building congenial and respectful working relationships with the Municipal Council members and senior officials from the Police, Fire, Community Services and Public Works Departments.
- Improving signage in beach areas and trails.
- Arranging for “Operation Identification” for home protection.
We co-operate with other like minded organizations on issues of common interest by:
- Being a supporter of the Federation of Ontario Cottagers Associations (FOCA) and the Waterfront Ratepayers after Fair Taxation (WRAFT) where the focus is on taxation and assessment issues.
- Working with the Southampton Residents’ Association on mutual concerns.
- Collaborating with the Lake Huron Centre for Costal Conservation on beach and dune preservation.